Common Elements of the TDP
Coverage A (Dwelling) – What the Policy Covers!
- The dwelling on the described location shown in the declarations.
- Materials and supplies located on or next to the described location used to construct, alter or repair the dwelling or other structures on the described location.
- If not otherwise covered in this policy, building equipment and outdoor equipment used for the service of and located on the described location.
- Other structures on the described location, set apart from the dwelling by clear space.
- The total limit of liability for other structures is 10% of the Coverage A (Dwelling) limit of liability. This is not additional insurance and does not increase the Coverage A (Dwelling) limit of liability.
- The policy does not cover other structures used for commercial, manufacturing or farming purposes.
Coverage B (Personal Property or UPP)
The insurer covers personal property and business personal property owned or used by the insured or members of the insured’s family residing with the insured while it is on the described location. At the insured’s request, the insurer will cover personal property owned by a guest or residence employee while the property is on the described location.
The insured may use up to 10% of the Coverage B (Personal Property) limit of liability for loss by a Perils Insured Against to personal property covered under Coverage B (Personal Property) while anywhere in the world. This coverage does not apply to business personal property or property of guests or residence employees.
This is not additional insurance and does not increase the Coverage B (Personal Property) limit of liability.
Property Not Covered
- Money, currency or bullion.
- Securities, deeds, or evidences of debt.
- Records~ books of records or manuscripts.
- Motor or engine propelled vehicles or machines designed for movement on land, including attached machinery or equipment.
The policy does cover such vehicles which are not subject to motor vehicle registration and are:
- Devices and equipment for assisting the handicapped.
- Power mowers.
- Golf carts.
- Vehicles or machines used for recreational purposes while located on the described location.
- Farm equipment not designed for use principally on public roads.
- Aircraft, meaning any device used or designed for flight.
- The policy does cover model or hobby aircraft not used or designed to carry people or cargo.
- Watercraft, including outboard motors and furnishings or equipment.
- It does cover watercraft, including outboard motors and furnishings or equipment, while located on land on the described location.
Extensions of Coverage
Debris Removal : The insurer will pay the insured’s expense for the removal from the described location or:
Debris of covered property if a Peril Insured Against causes the loss.
A tree to be removed from the property that has damaged covered property if a Peril insured against causes the tree to fall.